A. Email change as a learner
As a learner, you have the ability to update your email or even add a secondary email address via the “account setting” page.
Steps to change your own email from “account setting” page:
- First login to your learning portal
- Click your name on the top right -> click “account setting” -> once you arrive in account page -> scroll down to “Email address” section -> and click +button to “Add an email address”
- Once you add the email address, you will see this notification showing on top left “Email added successfully. An email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, please check its inbox to verify.”
- Then visit your inbox and look for an email with subject “Confirm an additional email address for GO1” and follow the instruction in the email by clicking the verification link in your email, once you clicked the link, it will bring you to portal page and shows “The email address email@example.com has been verified.”
- Once done, login back using the old email, visit the account section page in your learning portal by clicking your name on the top right -> click “account setting” -> once you arrive in account page -> scroll down to “Email address” section -> and look for the new email that you added, see the 3 dots button beside that email, and click “Make Primary”.
- If you don't want to keep the old/incorrect email, you can delete the old email via the same account setting page, email address section - look for the old email, see the 3 dots button beside that email, and click “Delete”)
- Succeed! Now you can log to the learning portal using the new email.
If the new email already exists in the database, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your portal admin to request for the change.
B. Email change as admin
Admin can change the email address of a learner if it's associated with the organizations email. NOTE: The admin need to be an Administrator across all portals the learner is in to change this user's email (for security reasons).
Steps to change the learners email that is associated with organization email:
First login to your admin portal
Click your name on the top right -> click administer -> once you arrive in admin page -> click users tab -> search for that particular learner -> hover over the learner name -> click the arrow -> choose edit -> a popup box with edit user detail will show -> edit user email -> and click save
Once you edit and save, the learner will receive a notification via email on their original address, advising that their email address has been changed.
Notes: If an admin wants to change a learners personal email that is not associated with organization email (ie., Gmail, Outlook, etc.), please contact the learner and provide this article to request them to change their email themselves.
C. Email change for learners if the new email already exists in the database (From an admin point of view)
If the old/incorrect email has zero enrollment, just set the account associated with the incorrect email address to 'Blocked' in their profile settings, making the account inactive. Then, create a new account with the correct email address.
- To deactivate the learners account, just click your name on the top right -> click administer -> once you arrive in admin page -> click users tab -> search for that particular user -> edit -> status: blocked > save
- To add the new email by adding a new learner in the portal, you can follow the guide provided here: https://help.go1.com/en/articles/1703805-how-to-add-edit-a-single-user
If the old/incorrect email has an enrollment and the new email already exist in the database, please reach out to the Go1 customer support team at email@example.com or create a ticket via https://go1web.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/26 or just click the blue chat icon on the bottom left AND request the support team to assist with "email change and merge."