New feature: Sharing Groups Across portals.
You can now share a Group of content to another portal, which is valuable for our customers with multiple portals.
Part 1 :
Portal Admin, Content Admin, Group Owner from the original portal (where the group is created) can:
- Select 'Visibility and access' button in the top right once inside the Group edit mode
- See 'Visibility and access' modal popup with 'This Group' option selected by default
- Search portals that user wants to add the group to and select portals from auto completion list
Now see the portal selected in 'Current Access' section
- Select 'x' to close the popup
Portal Admin, Content Admin from recipient portals -> where you have shared the Group select:
- Portal Setting → Portal Content Selection
- 'Select Content' button under 'Share with <this portal name>' section
- Select the 'Group' tab from the Portal content selection setting:
- Select '+' button on the Group card to add it to the portal
Navigate back to the previous page and make sure the checkbox next to 'Custom selection' under 'Share with <this portal name>' has been ticked.
Part 2 : Remove Group access from the selected portal
Given that a group is shared to a portal AND the recipient portal adds the group AND there are some users who have Joined the group
- Select 'Visibility and access' button in the top right corner of the group edit mode
- Select 'x' button next to selected portals
- See a confirmation popup
- Select 'Yes, Remove' button
Once you remove the Group from a shared portal -> all the Learners added to the group (and the group) itself will not longer be visible. For users who have enrolled in the added learnings - they will be able to continue to access it until they mark it as complete Once complete users will no longer be able to access the learning items.
Tips and Tricks:
- Portal Admins and Content Admins can share the groups (created on their portals) to their portal or other portals.
- Group Owners can share their groups (groups that are created by them) to their current portal or other portals.