A link can be created as a Standalone LI within you portal to further enhance your training program or it can be an item re-used across your courses.
To begin, select a learning item for creation
- Login to the portal as an Admin user.
- Go to 'My Teaching' section and then to the 'Resources' section.
- Click on the 'Create' button on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You'll get to see learning-items to select.
Creating a 'Link' type:
Once in the edit mode you will see this screen and you can add/update the following fields:
- Add Cover Image: Content Author can upload or drag and drop a cover image that can be in .png, .jpeg.
- Add Title: Content Author can add title or name for the content in this field.
- Add a description to the learning item.
- Add link URL: In this field, you can and a link to the valid content. The link should be added starting from http:// or https:// (whichever relevant) as this field verifies if the added.
- Select Mobile Optimised - If the content in the SCORM can be played on a mobile device, the content author can check the box next to Mobile optimised.
- Select WCAG 2.0 AA compliant - If the content in the SCORM is WCAG 2.00 AA compliant, the content author can check the box next to WCAG 2.0 AA compliant field.
- Add duration: Content Author can add duration in Days: Hours: Minutes format. If Content Author adds duration in minutes or hours; the editor will automatically convert that into Days: Hours: Minutes format.
- Add Price: To add price select currency. For the portals having their location set to 'Australia' will get to select a field 'Include tax'. Upon selecting that field you can enter the tax in the 'Enter tax' field
- Add language: the default language set to the language set for the portal. User can change the language by selecting them from the language dropdown.
- Add Tags: These are the Author tags entered by the content author. This is a free field to enter and is not case sensitive. User can add multiple tags. User can delete them from the list using the "X" button next to the added tag.
- Add Author: When the editor is opened for the first time it gets the current Portal user set to the default user. User can delete this author using the "X" button next to the content author's name. User can select another content author using the add field.