Before you begin:
- Content authors can share any type of learning items only to the portals on which they are the admin.
- When the content is published the content will be automatically shared to the portal on which the content is created.
- When the content is unpublished the content will not remain shared with the portal through which it is created.
Step-by-step process -
- Click on Visibility and Access button on the top right-hand side of the item editor.
- This will open a new 'Visibility and Access' modal.
3. Click inside 'Add a person, group, or portal' field. Upon clicking you'll get to see the list of portals on which you are an admin.
4. Select one or many portals that are listed in the searched list.
5. Alternatively, you can also start writing the portal name/URL in this field and you'll get to see the name of the portal getting filtered from the list.
6. You can also remove the portals from the search field by clicking on the (X) button in front of the portal name.
Can view vs Can enroll settings?
- By default, content gets shared with 'Can View' permissions. When the learning item gets shared with 'Can View' permission a learner has to go through all steps to enroll in the learning.
- A content author can change the 'Can View' permission setting to 'Can Enroll'; where a learner from the selected portal will directly enroll to the learning without following any steps.
- Click on the 'Add' button to share the LO with the selected portal.
- After the content gets shared with the portal; that portal will get listed in the current access section of the 'Visibility and Access' modal with the selected permissions in front of the portal names.
- You can also change the sharing permissions from Can View to Can Share and vice versa when these portals are added to current access.
- To unshare a learning item from the portal; click on the (X) button in front of the portal name.