There are various attributes which can result in the failure of a CSV upload. Be sure to check out our How to Upload CSV guide before uploading to cover the basics.
As a common practice, it is best to download the example CSV file and input data from there in order to eliminate any chance of receiving errors as a result of incorrect header/column names. From there, it is important to remember that you only need to add data for cells which you need to update and to ensure there is always an email address in the respective row in order to update a specific user.
- Column/Headers not in correct order. Best to use the example CSV download and add data from here to prevent this issue.
- Assigning a manager to a user, however, the manager is only a learner in the portal. To be safe, you can always add two CSV files. The first file can update learner roles to managers as required.
- Assigning a manager to a user, however, the manager does not exist in the system. Ensure the manager is in the system with manager status.
- Creating a user without an email address. All users require email addresses to be added to the system.
- Status field empty when uploading a user. Ensure these fields are completed, enter "1" for an active user and "0" for blocked/inactive.
- Groups data error. When adding groups via CSV, you will need to add the Group ID number as opposed to the group name itself. Group ID numbers can be found in Administer > Groups and editing "Config" to include Group ID. The number will be a 5 digit value.
- File is uploaded as excel (.xls, .xlsm etc) as opposed to a .CSV file