Go1 Portals provide the ability for learners to browse for learning content on topics of interest, and to search for learning content based on the values that are important to them.
To look for content from any page within the Go1 Portal, learners can select the search bar from the top navigation, then type to input the information they are looking for, whether that be a particular topic, provider, or title of a learning item.
Completing this search will surface search results for that value, across all types of content (Course, Interactive, Video, Links, Text, Documents, Awards).
Courses containing events also surfaced through the additional tab: Events, which will only display if events do exist on that portal.
Learners can filter down the search results by a number of values, beginning with those available by default:
- Topic: The subject matter, or category, addressed by that learning content
- Duration: The length of time required to complete that learning content
- Provider: The name of the organisation offering that learning content
Topic and Provider will only display if there are values associated with those filters.
Additional filters are also available through a popup by selecting More filters:
- Content type: The delivery method for that learning content
- Tags: The keyword terms associated with that learning content
- Price: Whether the learning is available without charge, or is available for individual purchase through our Marketplace)
- Language: The language in which the learning is delivered
Select a filter to see a list of the values available for selection in relation to that filter.
Select one or multiple values, and if you're looking for a specific value, use the search field within that filter to find it quickly. Once you click away, the search will update to display the results associated with the selected values.
If you select multiple values within a filter, e.g. Topic, the results will show content that relates to any of the selected topics.
By default search results are sorted to show the most relevant content first (based on the values you have searched by). You can change this sort through the dropdown toggle at the top right of the search results to instead sort by:
- Popular: based on the number of enrolments in that learning content, in descending order
- Most relevant: calculated based on the parameters you have searched by, preferencing content determined to be Top Rated
- Latest: the date the learning content was published, in descending order
- Alphabetical: A-Z by title
If these instructions are unclear or if you have feedback on your experience searching for content on your Go1 Portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our 24/7 support team is available through our live chat.